Group classes can be noisy and distracting. Some training centers have classes with 20 or even 30 students and dogs at a time! What a difficult way for you to concentrate on learning how to train your dog.
Having private lessons in your home is the premier training experience. You get personal coaching about the specific issues and challenges you are facing in your environment.
All family members are welcome but not required to participate. We have individual lesson fees and conveniently priced packages to help you reach your goals in the most economical way.
Service includes Indianapolis North and West, Brownsburg, Carmel, Westfield and Zionsville. Mileage outside 15 mile radius of I 465 and Michigan Road may incur a travel charge.
Jump to Aggressive Dog Lessons
How to Get Started
- Please complete our Behavior History Form. You will want to include your goals for training and as much background information about the dog as possible. Certified Professional Dog Trainer Catherine Steinke will reply by telephone or email to set up your Initial Consultation.
- The Initial Consultation includes an assessment of your dog’s behavior and your goals, determination of causes and solutions for behavioral problems, proposal of a training program, introduction of management techniques, recommendations of training equipment and enrichment toys as needed and agreement upon an action plan, including easy steps to begin that same day.
- At the end of the Initial Consultation, you have a choice. You can pay for that session alone ($100) and continue to schedule individual training lessons at your convenience. Or, we have packaged savings options for those who realize they want the very best coaching until their goals are reached.
- Your personal results depend upon how much training you and your dog do between lessons. The beauty of private consultations is that we work at your pace, so don’t feel pressured to complete anything but your own goals. You will receive great coaching along the way so that each session will be a valuable contribution to your overall plan.
- Packages have expiration dates so that you will continue working toward your goals in a timely manner. Dogs learn best when consistent efforts are made!
Questions? Let's start here.
Private Training Packages for Obedience Training and Behavior Modification
(Puppies or adult dogs – same family, multiple dogs for no additional fee.)
Initial Consultation: $100.00
During this one-hour introductory session, Catherine will review the Behavior History form with you, determine probable causes and best solutions for behavioral problems, assess potential for desired behaviors, propose a training plan, introduce management techniques, recommend training equipment and/or enrichment toys, and establish foundations necessary for training success.
Follow-up Consultation or Single Training Session: $90.00
Sometimes there are sensible solutions to behavior problems that only necessitate a single follow-up training session to give you all the help you need to reach your dog training goals. Schedule one Training Session to ask further questions, get better participation from other family members or to complete the simple training protocols established at the Initial Consultation.
Save $15 Good Start Training: 3 One-hour Tutoring Sessions for $255
Solve annoying problem behaviors such as jumping on guests, destroying the furniture and soiling in the house. Or, work on improving leash manners and polite greetings on walks. You may need to stop puppy chewing, fix excessive nipping and remove conflicts with the children.
Or you can solve the door-bell madness and generally get off to a good start with positive training techniques in this quick-fix package. This is a good place to start to discover how far you can go with your new routines and commitment to training.
Save $35 Standard Basic Training: 5 One-hour Tutoring Sessions for $415
Get excellent control of your dog with this basic obedience and family manners package, customized to your personal needs. For example, your dog could learn a great down/stay, a reliable recall with distractions and great on-leash walking with real-life distractions. Or, you can solve behavior issues such as stealing children’s toys, ignoring commands, leaping on furniture and destruction of your property. We can accomplish a great deal with the Complete Basic package in 5 one-hour sessions. Set your own goals! Choose this package if you want great coaching without a long-term commitment.
Save $100 Complete Program Training: 10 One-hour Tutoring Sessions for $800
Do you desire to share your dog with others by earning a certificate as a therapy dog team? Would you like your dog to earn the AKC Canine Good Citizen award? Or perhaps you want to have off-leash control and a mannerly dog at family reunions? This 10-session private tutoring package will be customized to ensure that all of your goals will be addressed with a workable training plan! Choose this service if you want the very best partnership with your dog and look forward to reaching your goals together over several months.
Initial Aggression Consultation - 1.5 to 2 hours
Review of Behavior History, assessment of intensity of aggression, explanation of the escalation of aggression, determination of causes and solutions for aggressive behaviors, assess potential for desired behaviors, establish training plan, introduction of management techniques, educate you about dog body language using 8x10 photos, recommend training equipment, and establish foundations necessary for training success. Aggression cases may qualify for discount packages - will be discussed during Initial Consultation. Contact Catherine for rates and availability.
Is your dog growly with strangers? Does your dog lunge at other dogs? Is he uncomfortable or snappish around children? Has your dog bitten you or someone else?
Catherine Steinke is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer and former instructor of the DOGS! course for veterinary professionals at Purdue University.
She has assisted many dog owners who are struggling with decisions regarding retraining, re-homing or even euthanizing their aggressive dogs. Catherine can provide a fair assessment, recommendations for training or referrals to Veterinary Animal Behaviorists.
Catherine Steinke is practical, down-to-earth and reasonable about what to expect when managing or rehabilitating canine aggression. Please feel free to contact her directly for more information.
Aggressive Dog Consultation and rehabilitation sessions are handled on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Catherine for rates and availability.
Return to Top
Catherine Steinke, BA, CPDT-KA
Cell Phone: (317) 727-9015
Family-friendly dog training in Indianapolis, Zionsville, Carmel, and Brownsburg.